Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A high school senior needing some votes

...no, not my high school senior.  Monica's testimony is beautiful.  Every.single.life.is.worthwhile!


Good morning to you all! My name is Monica and I am a senior in high school. I am planning to attend a Catholic liberal arts college next year, though as of yet I am unsure of where. I am the oldest of 7 (soon to be 8!) home schooled children. Last year, I lost my little sister and goddaughter, Genevieve Marie, who was born prematurely at 24 weeks gestation. She lived for 4 months, fighting bravely with all sorts of problems, including a hole in her heart, until dying of kidney failure. Although she only lived for 4 months, Genevieve was a wonderful blessing to me and my family. I decided to write about only a few of the many beautiful ways that “Baby G”, as we called her, had impacted me and my family. My essay is currently entered in a scholarship essay contest, but in order to make it to the final round I need many votes. This money would help to finance my future Catholic education, which is very important to me; my Catholic education at home has given me the ability to look at everything from the perspective of the truth of the faith, and has made me desire nothing less than this kind of education for college. Please, please click on the link below and read my essay and vote. I promise you, it only takes a minute! I would appreciate every one of your votes so much! Thank you, and God bless you all! http://www.wyzant.com/scholarships/v2/essay57086-Mc_Graw-NY.aspx

No comments: