Thursday, February 7, 2013

Puerto Rican Plantain Lasagna

Last night I made my Puerto Rican Plantain Lasagna.  Lasagna is something we haven't had in years.   With 3 people who are allergic to both dairy and tomatoes, and one of those who can no longer tolerate wheat, I though I'd give this a try.

I was a little surprised when the kids said they really liked it (though they requested more spices next time -I had to leave out the small amount of tomato paste and I tried to compensate for that by increasing some of the other flavorings).  My kids like it?  OK, I have to admit, I also served meatballs just in case, and my pickiest eater got away without trying it.

My husband said it was OK...except for the plantains and it could use more spices.  Haha...except for the plantains?!  Pretty much in integral part of this recipe.

I'll peruse the site for more Paleo recipes to make in the future!  Are we making the leap?  No, not yet anyway.  Although I have heard amazing stories of people whose headaches, eczema, asthma, etc. have completely disappeared after having gone paleo.  We deal with all that and more here so maybe...just maybe...though making such a drastic change for a busy family of 10 is really really daunting!

No comments: