Thursday, July 23, 2009

FaithButton

My small successes this week are pretty small - but that's the point isn't it? We do what we can when we can.

1. Resisted the urge to get everyone home to bed on time and instead detoured to buy 2 Hermit Crabs (did you know "hermit" crabs need company? according to our hermit crab book they do! And we only had one living lonely hermit crab.)

2. Printed off the page of available swim lesson times (yeah - only printed it - but this week that was big).

3. Went back to using my "Catholic Mother's Daily Planner" from family-centered press. I had gotten an ipod as a gift and while I would LOVE to make the calendar feature work for me there - it just doesn't. I feel discombobulated and like my days are without direction. I need to be able to sneak a peak at my planner list and see what else I need to accomplish that day, what I had planned for dinner, etc. So, I sat down on Monday and during part of my prayer time (I only sneak this in on Monday's) I ask God for help in planning/directing my week. I fill it all in and I just feel so much better all week. A very small thing, but I am so much a paper and pencil gal when it comes to my date book.

What are your small successes? Click on the link above to go to the Faith and Family Website!

2 comments:

ViolinMama said...

As always, love this!!!! Great list, and love #3!! Blessings!

Anonymous said...

totally with ya on the book thing. Some people can use the electronic calander... aka Sean geek. And some of us need to write it down and see it that way to remember.