Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Small Successes

FaithButton

For more small success stories click on the link above.


1. Took Therese and Nathan shopping on Black Friday after getting home at 1:30 a.m.

2. Got out the Advent stuff with some serious help from the kids. They moved a curio cabinet full of breakable family heirlooms and 2 bookshelves to make room for the Nativity set. (see photo in next post if you're interested)

3. We had a tough day yesterday. Nothing major. Just gloomy weather, tired kids, teething toddler....you know... But Therese put the Veggie Tales song called My Day on the CD player tonight. I'm sure I've heard it many times before but tonight it was so beautiful and made me so thankful for my kids. I am going to ask Nathan to download this for me. So why is this my successes? Because I really listened to it and took it to heart. The following is verse 2. It's so much better to listen to sweet Junior's voice but I didn't know how to make a link.

I somehow overlooked my bed
It seems the dog is underfed
Forgot to change my underclothes
Watched too many T.V. shows
I had some trouble sharing toys
And during rest time, made some noise
The walls are not for coloring
Sometimes I'm off-key when I sing

And so it's really good to know
How much you love me so
It's true, the bible says you do
You really love me
Your love was with me all throughout my day

God Bless!

2 comments:

Crunchy Momma said...

Yeah! You done good! Smooch!

Unknown said...

Great list! Recognizing how much our Creator loves us is always a success. Realizing how precious your family is...there is no greater success!