Thursday, March 18, 2010

Small Successes

FaithButton
Every Thursday the folks at Faith and Family encourage us to celebrate our Small Successes.  For more Small Success stories click on the link above.


1.  Made a few new recipes this week. 

  • Green Breakfast cake muffiins for lunch yesterday (it's basically a pancake recipe made in a cake pan - NO FLIPPING).  We actually make breakfast cake for lunch about twice a month - but the green - that was new part.  Happy late St. Patrick's day.

  • Greek style pizza.  It was a hit!  Finally a pizza my dairy and tomato allergic family members can eat without feeling like their pizza is missing something.  Take Greek style pita bread.  Brush it with oil and toss on a little feta cheese (we used sheep feta).  Put it under the broiler for 1-2 minutes.  Top with fresh shredded spinach, corn beef, and more feta.  Back under the broiler for another 1-2 minutes.  I made 9 of these rather quickly.  I didn't think the younger crowd here would appreciate it so they got real personal pizzas with pepperoni and mozarella cheese.

  • Healthier mashed potatoes using a few potatoes (I used Yukon Gold because I love the taste), cauliflower, chicken broth, and margarine.  I thought they were delicious. Mine turned out a little lumpy though.  3 of my kids thought they were OK.  The rest don't count...they don't like mashed potatoes anyway.

2.  Went jogging to The Chipmunks music.  I've been trying to sneak out for a power walk a couple times a week, last night I jogged - OK - I jogged 1/2 my route.  I brought my IPOD along but it's pretty much filled with soothing uplifting music.  That and The Chipmunks movie soundtrack for the kids.  Yes, I ran to the Chipmunks.  Gotta have my kids put some other music on it for me :)

3.  Cleaned my 4 year olds spot in her room.  She shares it with her 2 older sisters and her own stuff was so hard to find because it was such a mess.  Everytime she tried to find something her room looked like a tornado hit it.  She was so happy when I was done she gave me a huge THANK YOU, smile, and hug.  Somehow she did not see the paper grocery bag of stuff that went in the garbage and the other that went downstairs.  PLEASE don't tell her....right now she thinks I'm great.

No comments: