Thursday, November 25, 2010

What are you thankful for?

Thanksgiving has been postponed a week or so at our house....so it took my dd Anna's thankful post to remind me to post one of my own.  I have a ton to be thankful for so I will limit it to only very recent events.

1.  I'm thankful that I was the only one here who was completely taken down by the flu (well, the verdict is still out on little Logan).  When does that ever happen?!  Others have been run down with mild fevers and stuff, but they seem to be rebounding already. 

2.  I'm thankful for a friend who ignored my assurances that everything would be fine and we didn't need anything, after all, my dh was home and some of my older kids can pull off a meal as well.  Instead this person drove up the driveway at 3:00 and proceeded to bring all kinds of  Thanksgiving meal type foods to the door.  They ate half the meal T night, my dh made homemade chicken noodle soup W night, and for Thanksgiving WE ALL ate the rest of our solo Thanksgiving meal, including the pie.  It wasn't necessary.  But it was SO appreciated.

3.  I'm thankful that today was uneventful sickness wise.  We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade for the first time ever, as well as Charlie Brown Thanksgiving specials in the evening.  (Our TV goes days without being turned on, but when we're sick like this....it's generally cartoons and EWTN).  

          During the parade my kids pointed out that they are so thankful they don't live in New York City (no offense to anyone reading this who lives/or would like to live there).  They didn't appreciate the giant, well placed Victoria Secret ad on the side of the building that appeared every time the camera moved up to show a balloon coming.

No comments: