Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Small Successes

Hi! Long time no post, eh? My micro successes this week are:
A. Finally gave in and upgraded the chores list. This means a bit of chaos as everyone learns their new jobs.
B. Planned ahead for Lent. Actually took down the artwork off the walls, got out the purple sashes and grapevine wreaths so the kiddos came down to them this morning - instead of halfway through next week, like usual.
C. Started spring cleaning!

What are your sacrifices for Lent this year? Do you have traditions that your family look forward to every year? This year I am going vegetarian and sugarless for Lent - not just on Fridays and Ash Wednesday. I will still be making meals with meat for the rest of the team.

3 comments:

RealMom4Life said...

Wow Crunchy Momma! Nice to have you back!

I'd love to ditto your list. Those are things that need to be done around here.

Vegetarian AND sugarless. I am impressed!

I have never fully taken advantage of Lent as much as I wish we had. We are starting a couple of new tradtions this year. Love the idea of the purple sashes and grapevine wreaths.

Musings on Motherhood and Ministry said...

I'd love to hear how you find going vegetarian and sugarless. We always have meat free Monday and fish on Fridays but for Lent I'm stripping right back with the family meals this season - soup, salad, jacket potatoes. And we don't have sashes but he purple tablecloths I bought for Advent are back!

ViolinMama said...

I've been gone too, so it's nice to see someone else say "I'm back" lol.

GREAT successes, and may I ask - do you hang the wreaths and sashes in place of the pictures?

I'm just getting ideas for our house!

I'm too sick and tired to type out our traditions, so here is a link to my post about them!!

http://roseyoutlookdose.blogspot.com/2011/03/prepping-for-lent.html

I promise - it is laziness - not a plug! HA!

Welcome back! Good luck with the chores!