Thursday, March 10, 2011

Small Successes

FaithButton

Once a week we take the time to remember our successes throughout the week.  Many of us (most of us) are very busy and there simply aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish what we wish we could.  It's at times like this that recognizing our small successes is even more important..otherwise...the list of undone items can really drag us down.

  1. I set up an appt with our realtor to look at the "dream house" we found about a month ago.  We never did win anything off that lottery ticket we bought (hehe) but the price really dropped so I figure God was saying, "just go look".  Well, that and think Crunch Momma has been pretty consisent in sending me very short emails urging me to go.
  2. I made a phone call to schedule a medical procedure I was supposed to have done months ago. 
  3. I started reading a book to the kids at night called The Mitchells by Hilda Van Stockum.  It's set in America during WW2 and is about a family of 4 kids, 2 parents, and a live in Grandma.  The dad goes off to fight in the war.  It's a nice positive story with the kids working together to help their family out.  And...the kids in the story range from 18 months to 12 years old.  I read this book about 8 years ago, it's still a hit.
Please scroll down and read Crunch Momma's Small Successes.  She hasn't posted in a long time!

3 comments:

Crunchy Momma said...

Hi! YOU ARE FINALLY GOING TO GO SEE THE HOUSE?!?! When???
I thought you were reading the Hatchet?

RealMom4Life said...

We look at the house tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know what we think!

I read Hatchet myself. I've been enjoying reading some of the kids' books. It was really good. But, definitely NOT a read aloud to younger kids. It's about a 12 year old boy riding on a trip in a small plane to visit his dad. Only he and the pilot are on board. The pilot has a heart attack and the boy pretty much crash lands the plane and spends a couple months surviving alone in the wilderness thinking he may never be found (in fact, the search had already been given up when he is eventually found). So, the whole story is about his survival, being spotted by a bear, and a wolf, his starving and feasting on choke cherries only to become violently ill. It really is good. But not for the younger kids :)

ViolinMama said...

I read The Hatchet as a kid too!

Good luck and prayers for the house, and I still need to make a call about some medical stuff too! Thanks for the reminder!!!

Blessings!!!