Thursday, April 30, 2009

Old Mother Hubbard




It's bad when your kids ask you to go grocery shopping...soon...please.....

I would have taken pictures of the emptyish cupboards as well - but if I had that much time I should have gone grocery shopping.

And Therese would like me to point out...Behind the milk? More milk. Behind the yogurt? More yogurt. People who like yogurt? ...Can't have it (except mom - I'm fine food wise!) We're not hiding anything here folks....nothing to hide.

At least my 13 gallon freezer is full of meat. Although that won't help much tomorrow, since we don't eat meat on Friday's.
Grocery shopping with a baby who has a cold? Preferably not....Leave him home with others?...He just wants his momma when he's sick.
Local grocery delivery service?...I'll be ordering online tonight. You are so appreciated. We will have groceries tomorrow!
Incidentally, the very first time I ordered? The delivery man came to the door with buckets and buckets of groceries...to which my Nathan exclaimed, "Thank you for coming, you've saved our lives!" Yeah, as I'm standing there in the middle of the school day with five kids and a newborn - thanks Nate! (I tend not to pay for grocery delivery unless I am really in need......)
And...I think I will go point out to my kids, who are getting the table ready for a dinner of roast beef, homemade bread, mashed potatoes, and leftover vegies,..........We should be thankful for what we have.
To some, the food we have in the frig and pantry is more than they've had in a long time.

3 comments:

Crunchy Momma said...

Ha! Nate has a way with words. I bet you were the talk of the warehouse!

Crunchy Momma said...

And besides you have beer and olives, what more do they want??? j/k

RealMom4Life said...

aha! I almost pointed those two items out........

yes - Nate ALWAYS has a way with words