Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Books the kids are enjoying

The following book is our current FIAR book. Terese read it to Henry, Wyatt, and Elizabeth today.
The following two books are the ones I will be reading in the near future. This looks like a great book!


It's rather tough keeping up helping Anna find good books to read. She devours them. I think this book will be helpful to both of us.

The following book is the one my husband is reading to the kids at night. They love it!

The following book is the one I am reading at night to the kids. It's called The Happy Hollisters and the Haunted House Mystery. We don't really take turns reading. We read when it works out and when all the kids ages 4-12 are available.


Nathan enjoyed the following. I have just started reading it and cannot put it down. It's a great book! Wish I had read it sooner. He has more from the same author.




Anna is reading the following book for her Apologetics class. Or shall I say, she found this in her book pile, read it three times, then learned she will be reading it and working on the accompanying study guide. I figured since I correct her study guide answers it would be helpful for me to read the book. Again, I couldn't put this one down.













3 comments:

The Road Scholar said...

Phew! I'm glad I wasn't the only adult that loved A Philladelphia Catholic in King James' Court...Nice pile batch of books!

Jerry West III said...

Hi there!
I just saw you mentioned The Happy Hollisters in your blog. My grandfather, Andrew Svenson, wrote the Happy Hollister series under the pseudonym Jerry West. I know he would be delighted to hear that his books are still appreciated and being shared with kids today. His emphasis in writing the books was always on clean, wholesome fun, and we hope that appeal never goes out of style.
I thought you would be interested to know that we have just republished the first volume, The Happy Hollisters. The content is identical to the original, but now the book is available for the very first time in paperback. If you'd like to learn more about the project, please visit our website: www.TheHappyHollisters.com
Thanks for remembering The Happy Hollisters!

RealMom4Life said...

Thank you so much for commenting. We love those books. I'm so happy that at least the first volume has been republished. Hopefully more people will discover these wonderful treasures!