Saturday, February 27, 2010

I'm thinking an apron revival is in order - are you with me?

Ah! I finally understand why June Cleaver wore an apron all day.

I bet she didn't ruin her clothes with little bleach spots....I do dress down when I am planning to clean. But I frequently grab the little bottle of bleach water I keep in my kitchen for small clean-ups. I ruined ANOTHER shirt by getting a few small spots of bleach on it!

If only I wore an apron throughout the day - I wouldn't ruin my clothes.

I'd also have more pockets!

Tell me, when you get to the end of your day, what's in your pocket? A tiny Lego helmet.......a scrap piece of paper........a plastic frog? ME?..... All of the above and more....


We could start a trend! Are you with me? No? Maybe I should just buy color safe bleach and continue loading my pockets.....

3 comments:

The Road Scholar said...

I'm in the same boat and just started looking at apron patterns (seriously - just like ones in the picture) that I have in the pattern box next to my sewing machine. Only, I would have to make 3 because the girls would not let me have my own and not make them one...

I do ruin just about EVERYthing and my kids constantly tell me I have bread dough or flour yuck on my pants.

Crunchy Momma said...

I love my aprons but I have to make sure that I actually take them off before leaving to go somewhere. It is a bit embarrassing to show up to soccer practice with it still on.

Unknown said...

I LOVE my aprons. If it weren't for their trusty guardianship I would not own a thing that didn't have a grease stain or a bleach spot.
Amen to a revolution sista!