Thursday, February 25, 2010

Small Successes

Anyone remember me? Life has been challenging around here.

First, the successes... (Oh, and Real posted hers already so keep reading to the next post.)

1. Went 4 miles on the treadmill on Tuesday. And have kept up with my New Year's Resolution to put 300 miles on my exercise shoes by the end of the year.

2. Tried a new recipes this past week - Jambalaya.

3. Made an effort to be more loving to someone who is driving me crazy. (Not one of the kiddos.)

Now for the not so great news...
A friend has been told her breast cancer has returned and has spread. She has young children and is in her mid-thirties. If you are the praying type, please whisper Lynne's name to Heaven. Thank you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

we tried Jambalaya for Fat Tuesday and it was not a big success here. I think to many flavors.

RealMom4Life said...

Way to go! Can you get me the recipe?!

I like your idea of 300 miles in a year! That seems acceptable - still ok when you have a bad day, week, month. :)

ViolinMama said...

Love this list...and the food sounds yummy! #3 is really huge. I have two people in my life I need to work on that with...my attitude.

Thanks for giving me a kick in the pants!

Much love!